Sun, Mar 03|
WRWA Annual Meeting
WRWA's Annual Meeting at the Acoaxet Club
Time & Location
Mar 03, 2024, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Acoaxet Club, 152 Howland Rd, Westport, MA 02790, USA
About the event
Patrick Ewanchuk, PhD, Chair of the Biology Department, and Associate Professor of Biology at Providence College will give a presentation at noon. He received his PhD in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology from Brown University, where he is an Adjunct Associate Professor. With WRWA, he has been studying the condition of salt marshes in the Westport River for several years. Dr. Ewanchuk has been applying scientific methods to determine what is causing some of Westport’s salt marshes to disappear. Light refreshments will be served, and the event is free and open to the public.
- President Michael Sullivan and WRWA Executive Director Deborah will present a wrap-up of the year’s finances and programs.
Following the speaker there will be short meeting of WRWA members to:
- Appreciate retiring Board member Katharine Rosenfeld,
- Vote to accept new Board member Bill Sherdan, Tom Merchant and Carol Ann Hayes,
- Vote to renew the Board term for Nancy Mobley,
- Confirm the Officers and Board President
This event is free, but reservations are required- those interested should RSVP